Derwent Valley Vets Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Derwent Valley Vets Limited of The Boat House, 110 Dale Road, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3PP.
By using the services provided by Derwent Valley Vets, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database created and operated by us and/or other selected third parties.
What information do we collect and why?
When you register your pet in surgery you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and if applicable payment information. You may also be requested to give your details for other reasons. These details are collected either in person, by telephone or online, to help us:
- Register your details as a new client or update your details if they change
- Register your pet on health plans where appropriate
- Make appointments
- Process the fees due for any treatment
- Contact you about your pet, your account or credit status where required
- Deliver a safe and secure service by helping to prevent and detect fraud
- We may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes
- Speed up your form filling processes if you’ve registered online
- Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research, customer polls and surveys
- Enhance your experience by delivering a more personally tailored service
- Respond to any issues or queries
How we protect your information
We endeavour to protect your information by:
• Encrypting your personal information if you enter any personal information online. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us.
• Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change.
• Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Statement on the use and disclosure of Personal Data
We may send you by sms, email or post, details on offers, products, reminders and services which may be of interest to you. We may also telephone you to discuss treatment details or for market or service research.
We may use for the purpose of promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide any comments or feedback (excluding personal data) which you post publicly or provide to the surgeries, without notice or without any fee being paid.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If Derwent Valley Vets Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply agreements or contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Derwent Valley Vets Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and our internal investigations including customer complaints and claims.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right not to receive marketing information at any time by contacting us on 01629 55666 or by emailing email@example.com .
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a right to access the personal data about you that is held by us. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at the following address: Derwent Valley Vets Ltd, The Boat House, 110 Dale Road, Matlock, Derbyshire DE4 3PP, enclosing your postal details and a self-addressed envelope.